3g Help (im a retard)

gcwh02

Jun 20, 2005
pottstown, PA
Everyone is saying how the swap is so simple and I will prob. find that out soon. I suck at electronics and need a little help. I look at the diagrams that are on here and the technical terms and I am clueless. I have no clue what a stator wire is that I need. I understand the fuse and fuseholder part and I know the ground hook ups. My problem is.. what is the stator wire and what do I need to splice into what to get the two plugs hooked into the 3g.. . Thanks again haha

• Sponsors (?)

The stock alternator has 2 plug-ins. The D plug is plugged into the 3g. The other plug has two orange/black wires and one whte/black wire. The white/black wire is the stator wire. To maintain reverse compatabilty, don't cut the plug in off, but run a wire from the whte/blk wire to the 3g plug in. The 3g has a small plug-in that it goes too. Some just use a regular solderless connector, or you can get the correct connector from junkyard or alternator shop.

There are plenty of good threads on here, especially in the sticky section at the top of this forum.