3rd Brake Light Restoration

kaostik

Apr 13, 2006
Everett, Ma
hey guys

i bought an 03 cobra spoiler back in april. due to a few circumstances, i havent been able to put it on yet, but it will be installed next week sometime.

anyways, it came with the led light, but it was banged up looking. hazy, marked up, and scratched. im pretty sure they go for $125+ from the dealer, and i really didnt want to buy a new one.

so, i saw a headlight restorer at pepboys, and though these things dont usually work, i decided for $10 id give it a try.

i gotta say, it worked pretty damn good!

BEFORE:

View attachment 362709

View attachment 362711

AFTER:

View attachment 362713

View attachment 362715

View attachment 362717

i took multiple pics trying to show this scratch, since before, it was the worst one on the lens. i REALLY had to get the camera up close to it to get it to show.

View attachment 362719

so, this product wont work miracles, but it works well enough. if your 3rd brake light is kinda beat, for $10, this will make it look tons better. not new, but better. took 5 minutes, like it says.

easy to use, you need a battery drill, or electric drill, whichever, and it comes with a piece that attaches to the drill, and comes with 6 pre-soaked pads. i went through 4 of them, because i added pressure each time to get the scratches out. i could have done it with one though, but i didnt want to go balls to the wall without seeing if it was going to ruin the lens, which i was kinda expecting.

View attachment 362721

View attachment 362723

• Sponsors (?)