4.0L V6 conversion to 5.8L/351W

prcowboy

Oct 10, 2006
Hey guys I have a 2005 v6 that i am wanting to convert over to a v8... I really don't want those crappy 4.6L's... I was thinking of going retro with this, I'm prolly doing this within a month or 2... Should I go with a 351W or a 353R single 4v carbureted... I know i have to fabricate some different engine mounts to support this monster i'm creating... Another question is which ever I end up going with, which tranny should go best with it? Any suggestions to this project?

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys I have a 2005 v6 that i am wanting to convert over to a v8... I really don't want those crappy 4.6L's... I was thinking of going retro with this, I'm prolly doing this within a month or 2... Should I go with a 351W or a 353R single 4v carbureted... I know i have to fabricate some different engine mounts to support this monster i'm creating... Another question is which ever I end up going with, which tranny should go best with it? Any suggestions to this project?

If you're really commited to going Retro the tranny answer is smple.

c5zz-7213-h.gif

Attachments

• c5zz-7213-h.gif
    c5zz-7213-h.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 103
Well btw when you have that old tranny pic do you know what that is called? The name of that tranny, would that match a 5.0L and the 5.8L? The guy that is gonna help me put everything in wanted me to find out what i want to put in there... just want to get the best ya kno?