4.10's in FTMFW!!!!

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
A buddy of mine has a full bolt on & cammed 01 Bullitt with 4.10 gears. Since he likes doing alot of high speed runs (in mexico;)), I guess the 4.10's didn't have enough top end for him & he would run out of gear too quick. He asked me if I would be interested in swapping my stock 3.55 rear end from my Mach 1 with his 4.10 rear end. Since my car isn't a DD, & since 4V's love lower gears, I took him up on his offer without a 2nd thought.... We got the swap done last night & all I can say is OMFG!!!!! Why did I not do this a long time ago??? Man these things made my car rip & it never falls out of the power band. I also think that the around town drivability is even better & highway speeds aren't bad either. @ 75 mph, rpms were at around 2200, & @ 80 mph, rpms were at around 2600. Now I definitely believe in the statement "Don't fear the gear"... LOL...

• Sponsors (?)

Good trade.

IMO your buddy made a mistake but at least you benefited from it. lol

I agree, but then again, 2V's don't rev as high as 4V's, & the TR3650 in the GT has a different 5th gear ratio than the TR3650's in the Mach 1's making his car rev higher on the highway. Mach 1's have a 0.62 fifth gear, & GT's have a 0.67 fifth gear. He wants his to be more daily drivable & have more top end. Oh well, his loss, my gain:D

:thinking: Bullitts have an SRA right? i guess this solves your SRA/IRS dilemma with gears to boot! :nice:

Yup, Bullitt's have SRA. I have given the SRA/IRS dilemma much thought, & I have decided to stick with my SRA at least until I swap on my Tq arm to see how I like it.

Hell yea dude, thats awesome. I don't think you need anything more than 4.10's in that thing. Thats just me tough. I also think you buddy would probably prefer 3.73's, but the 3.55's are damn close anyways. Congrats!

can we get a vid or two? :vids:

I will try to get a vid together sometime this week...

Nice! I bet she pulls alot harder now. I've driven a stock geared Mach and it was screaming for more gear!

Pulls MUCH harder now!!! You are right about Machs needing more gear, but I never knew what I was missing. I would never go back to the stock gears now, unless a whipple was involved:D

i never knew you still had the stock gears in the mach, for some reason i always thought you had 410's:scratch:, i bet they feel great!
Nope,had the 3.55's in it since day 1...

Hell yea dude, thats awesome. I don't think you need anything more than 4.10's in that thing. Thats just me tough. I also think you buddy would probably prefer 3.73's, but the 3.55's are damn close anyways. Congrats!
4.10's are enough for me. I do agree, 3.73's would be the best fit for my buddies Bullitt...

thats awesome dustin , for some reason after reading that, i just picture you like a young kid on christmas morning getting like an xbox360, must have been exciting. I remember when i geared up my 98 then opening her up, it was so fun...and those were only 373s....i cant even imagine what 410s feel like in a 4v.

Nice man. 4v's and gear are an amazing combination. A buddy of mine put 4.10's in his Mach and was blown away by the difference, and he is not even into racing or getting on it that much.

thats awesome dustin , for some reason after reading that, i just picture you like a young kid on christmas morning getting like an xbox360, must have been exciting. I remember when i geared up my 98 then opening her up, it was so fun...and those were only 373s....i cant even imagine what 410s feel like in a 4v.

Thanks bro... Yup, the ist time I tabbed it in 2nd, I had a huge grin from ear to ear...

Nice man. 4v's and gear are an amazing combination. A buddy of mine put 4.10's in his Mach and was blown away by the difference, and he is not even into racing or getting on it that much.

Thanks... Yup 4V's & 4.10's are the perfect combo IMO...

Nice mod, gears do wake a car up! Can't wait for mine this week.

so are you not going with the irs?
Thanks... Yeah, im sticking with the SRA at least until I give my MM torque arm a try. I have had the d@mn thing sitting in my garage for almost 2 years now LOL... If I don't like it, then I will look into an IRS swap, but for the time being Im happy with it...

I agree, but then again, 2V's don't rev as high as 4V's, & the TR3650 in the GT has a different 5th gear ratio than the TR3650's in the Mach 1's making his car rev higher on the highway. Mach 1's have a 0.62 fifth gear, & GT's have a 0.67 fifth gear. He wants his to be more daily drivable & have more top end. Oh well, his loss, my gain:D

Yup, Bullitt's have SRA. I have given the SRA/IRS dilemma much thought, & I have decided to stick with my SRA at least until I swap on my Tq arm to see how I like it.

believe me every mustang ive had has loved 4.10's, 2v's dont rev as high correct!, but 4.10 in a gt, and 4.30's in a mach/cobra seems to be the tiddies... if he had a 03-04 gt he would have a .62 5th as well btw..