4.10s or 3.73s for Daily driver?

1999GTCONV

Oct 2, 2003
Hello I just wanted to know what is your opinions for a gear choice for an 1999 automatic mustang gt convertible that is a daily driver. I usually do 70% city driving 30% highway driving. Overall which would be the better gear as I most likely will never see the track with my car but simply want a little more pick up.

• Sponsors (?)

I use the 3.73's on my daily driver. I wish now that I would have gone with 4.10, because i have decided not to SC the thing. I am happy overall with the 3.73's tho. Still get 24 MPG on long trips... but plenty of oomph when i need it on the street!

I know a ton of people that swear by 4.10s in their daily drivers.

I also know plenty of people that have 3.73s in their daily driver that wish they had gone 4.10.

Your choice. I don't think 3.90s are good because they are more expensive and less available (like the pro50 brand). Rev difference is marginal.

You have an auto......no question 4.10s
I have a set of FRPP 4.10 in my garage right now and just waiting for spring to have them installed. I went to the same decision time as you but just read previous thread and you wont question your self anymore.

I took mine for a test and in third gear at 2600 RPM is was justttttt fine. i even got rid of the borla drone :D