4.6 in a '67?

ok, i know a 4.6 will fit even in a '64-66 if i go with the mustang II front suspension, but i was planning on keeping the shock towers and going with the TCP setup. does anybody know if a 4.6 DOHC (28 5/8" wide) will squeez between the shock towers on a '67 ? does anybody know how wide the engine compartment on the '67 is?

• Sponsors (?)

Latest pricing I saw was ~$15k for the 5.0 Cammer motor.

Link

Buyers, for example, can order the GT-R’s 440-horsepower engine — the new 5.0-liter “Cammer” — for $14,995 from Ford Racing Performance Parts, along with other production racing parts.

DukeGnarley said:
well, at this point in time i can't say I know a whole lot about engines, but my only concerns with the big block are 1. Fuel Economy 2. Weight (to keep the front to rear ratio in check)

WTF..................

Fuel economy. LMAO............... I know guys with 4.6 DOHC that get 10-12 MPG some less but they are pushing nice hp. Plus it's not like your going to be using a classic for daily driving. I sure wouldn't. Too valuable to me to be abusing it day in day out.

Weight....LOL.....the modular motor weights more than a big block.

No matter what I'm doing a 552 one day or bigger in a notchback.

DukeGnarley said:
i'm not so sure a big block will work out with the gas prices > $2.00
I think that Honda and Toyota make some nice hybrid vehicles. :lol:

Yes a modern motor will be much more fuel efficient than a 70's dinosaur, but you have $15 large to spend on a motor and you're worried about gas prices? Something doesn't compute here.

Just don't vote for Kerry, and you'll be okay. :D