4.6 in a 86-93

joeyd0730

May 22, 2005
queens, ny
i am looking for any information that will let me know if it is possible to put a 32v 4.6 in a 87-93 mustang. can this be done without extensive fabrication? in anyone can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it, thans in advance, joe

• Sponsors (?)

Sure it can be done. Get a k-member from 32V 4.6L mustang, wiring harness and computer. Also you will need the tranny and x-member that go with that trans. Finally you will need the headers and h-pipe that go with that car.

The easiest way to do it; find a wrecked cobra with all those parts and swap em out.

Mario

Thenemesis said:
:scratch: but whats the point when a 5.0 is better :p lol

You're silly. :p

An intercooled Kenne Bell on a Cobra 4.6 in a Fox body???? That'd be sick! LOL

Wouldn't be worth doing unless you could get it all underneath of the hood IMO though.

86T-Top said:
Sure it can be done. Get a k-member from 32V 4.6L mustang, wiring harness and computer. Also you will need the tranny and x-member that go with that trans. Finally you will need the headers and h-pipe that go with that car.

The easiest way to do it; find a wrecked cobra with all those parts and swap em out.

Mario

OK well what if your debating putting just the stock 4.6l outa an 01gt into a fox, all i would need is the k member, and all the exhaust stuff? The tranny will be a 5-speed so im assuming all id need is the bellhousing, the tranny should be fine. What about the driveshaft length? also with the computer harness, would that mean id have to change ALL the harnesses in the car? or could i just get the computer harness and plug it into the dash harness already in the car?? im curious because my car is in paint right now, and its just about done. Im going to Sell it as soon as it comes outa paint cause i need the money right now to settle some depts. Once thats settled i plan on buying like an 87-93 4 banger and swap her over. I figure the 4.6 route would be pretty sweet?

You could put the Cammer in? It's only $15,000.00. :hail2:

m6007t50ea.jpg

http://secure.50resto.com/product1.cfm?SID=1&Product_ID=2883