Suspension 4 Cyl To V8

Discussion in 'Fox Engine Swaparoo' started by davidbatmanfan, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Alright lady's and gentleman im heading to a local junk yard and i was wondering what suspension i need from a v8 car?I wont need the springs or shocks since im put aftermarket parts in later.But will i need the front spindals from the v8?:scratch: is that all?Is that any v8 so is the 4 eyed and aero would work.Also can someone post pics on what i need thank you.

2. stykthyn

stykthyn Commander of the snuggie cultists

this has been covered countless times. there is a JY thread and a v8 swap thread in the 5.0 tech stickies.

3. 1990Coupe

Founding Member

you don't need anything. No k member, no a-arms, no springs, nothing. Drop the v8 in and your done. 4 banger springs will give it a nice stance. Look at my build thread, i did this swap.(only i swapped to 5 lug brakes). 4 > 8, Auto > 5 speed, 4 lug > 5 lug.

4. Thanx 1990.

Stykthyn i will check more threads before sorry to be on your badside.

5. chgovfk

chgovfk Member

Won't he need a dbl hump trans mount for true dual exhaust and V8 gauge pod to run the tac/speedo correct? - I'm in the same boat - But I was planing on using all the same front suspension / just as you said - maybe maybe up grading the spindles for better stock brakes or are the 4 cyl just as good - tearing into the front end of my project soon...............

davidbatmanfan likes this.
  6. 1990Coupe

Founding Member

no you'll need the tach and double hump cross member.. More so the crossmember, the tach will just read off until you get one from a V8 car. IMO if you are going to upgrade any type of brakes, go right to 5 lug, SN95 stuff. All fox brakes are junk.

davidbatmanfan likes this.
  7. chgovfk

chgovfk Member

Sorry that's what I meant ....a cross member - I bought one off ebay for only like $20 bucks or so - bought the original 4 lug chrome pony's so I'm stuck w/the brakes ...almost went 5 lug b/c darn those cobra 03/04 wheels look 'tight' on 93 coupes - people say just to replace the whole gauge 'pod' for the electronics / speedo / tach - I'll find someone who's parting one out hopefully .....I think that and the gas tank 'pick-up' out of a 85/86 ranger - and one would be good - although I'm wondering what do I do w/the return line - mines going carburated - :confused:

8. I plan on doing both and i like what you did with your.

9. Hopefully i will be able to pick up the speedo on Friday. The wheels i probably will run will be TSW's.

chgovfk likes this.