4 lug FR500 wheel??

• Sponsors (?)

Ironman92GT said:
now seriously.. how could they possibly work in a 5 spoke design with only 4 lugs? lol its like saying 4 lug bullets.. but no they dont
what exactly would you call pony wheels? 4 lugs with a 5 star design? lol there are a lot of 5 star design 4 lug wheels. Would be sweet if Ford made those 500's but i have never seen em.

86bluecobra said:
what exactly would you call pony wheels? 4 lugs with a 5 star design? lol there are a lot of 5 star design 4 lug wheels. Would be sweet if Ford made those 500's but i have never seen em.

Yes - but Pony wheels have a center cap covering the lugs - FR500's don't.

yep.. the use that plate that the spokes visibly come off of.. instead of it just popping out the side.. same way for the bullets.. but dont worry.. some douchebag will come along and ruin those wheels just like the R's lol

A 5 lug conversion wouldn't be that hard and I could sell my FOURTH set of Draglites to get the FR500's! Besides I really like those new Mickey Thompson drag wheels... or Pro Stars as my drag strip set.

Ironman92GT said:
now seriously.. how could they possibly work in a 5 spoke design with only 4 lugs? lol its like saying 4 lug bullets.. but no they dont

duh. I just looked at the center and realized the 5 spoke design. I thought the hub area of the wheel was a separate design independent of the outside spokes. should have looked closer.

Like I said i will do the 5 lug conversion, plus i will get rear discs out of the deal. Geez why doesn't everybody do a 5lug? It seems only logical.

Oh look Daggar has has THE wheels! Damn those are nice! So what kind of 5lug conversion did you do? Ranger axles? FRPP conversion? Did you get a good price on the wheels? I also want to get a deeper dish in the rear, maybe have the fronts an inch narrower.

That's a funny quote too Daggar. I had a dump fall off my exhaust once after I hit a bump. Very funny to see stuff falling off your car...

Yeah... I have "the wheels" lol. What you see in my sig is a photoshop. My 5 lug conversion is complete from front to back off of a 96 and still sits in my garage patiently waiting for me to find the time to install it. lol I'll be using the entire rear axle housing out of that 96 and doing a 31 spline conversion at the same time.

All of it is on hold until the new motor is done (latter part of june).

I got all the braking components from the junkyard for $400. I got everything. Cables, brakes, calipers, the whole nine yards. I also got the rear axle housing and front k-member. Basically, the guy at the junk yard lifted the car with a forklift and I showed him where to cut to ensure that I had everything I needed.

I'm with you though... Deep dish for the rear is a MUST!

Mustangtuning.com seems to have the best prices and their shipping is free.

What I REALLY wanted was a set of one-off Magnum 500s in 17 inch but the price to get them is huge. Tire selection is also an issue since next to nobody makes raised white lettering anymore, prticularly in 17s. I couldn't justify it seeing as how good the FR500s look and how much less expensive they are to get.

Here's the shops I've got:

If i had a money tree, this is what my car would look like:
car3oldschoola4hv.jpg

Here are FRs (non deep dish):

badass25na.jpg

Shopped images, courtesy of MOB.

Edit: Damn, I love 4 eyes! :D

Attachments

• car3oldschoola4hv.jpg
    car3oldschoola4hv.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 454
  • badass25na.jpg
    badass25na.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 1,914
Here's what I brought home from the junkyard for $400:

dsc000357zr.jpg

dsc000365qo.jpg

It's still in the process of being cleaned up and recoated. This is what it looked like when I first brought it home.

Attachments

• dsc000357zr.jpg
    dsc000357zr.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 156
  • dsc000365qo.jpg
    dsc000365qo.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 180
It's a good thing you're replacing the rear axles since it looks like the driver's side axle is bent. jk. That is some excellent 'shopping. The shadows look great. I'll send you some when i shop in some FR500's I like the idea of those Magnums

That's a great idea, getting the whole rear end out of a 96. Is there anything else to consider when doing that? Is it wider than a fox? I have a good connection at Bonduraunt here in AZ and maybe I could find one off a wreck...

Me too! I found a place that can cut them is just about any size and any off-set desired but they're BIG $$$ whereas the FR500s come premade (of course) with the correct offset for SN95 axles and spindles.

Mustang5L5 has been my "go-to" guy for the brake conversion. He really knows his stuff when it comes to putting together what parts are required to install the the wheels and give you the braking you want. This seemed to be the best way to go for putting a 9 - 10 inch wide rim on the rear and some 8s on the front. I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for a set of PBR calipers for the front but am not in dire need of them. If I come across a set for a great price, I'll ****** them up but I'm not pressed.

91lxttrim said:
That's a great idea, getting the whole rear end out of a 96. Is there anything else to consider when doing that? Is it wider than a fox? I have a good connection at Bonduraunt here in AZ and maybe I could find one off a wreck...

Yes... the axle housing off of an SN95 is 3/4s of an inch wider from hub to hub. It should work out rather well if using wheels with an SN95 offset. Not as much pounding on the inner wheel wells for wider rims.

lol daggar you gave me the speach about a week ago how 96 spindles were harder and all.. you bastard lol i have an entire setup in my garage as well.. same as him.. but i have 04 cobra brakes to back it up w/ c/c plates and control arms