4 week wait for Hooker headers?

01mgvert

Jan 12, 2004
Is this normal? I've ordered numerous parts through the internet. I usually receive an imediate e-mail notice of purchase. Then in 2-3 days I receive a shipping number. The product usually arrives within a week. Two weeks ago I ordered ceramic coated Hooker headers ($695) with the matching o/r x-pipe ($135) from customracer.com (Florida). Aside from the initial notification of purchase I have heard nothing from them. They have had time, however, to charge my credit card. Anyways, I've sent them two e-mails with no response. I called them on Monday and was told that the headers had been shipped. When I asked for a tracking number, I was told that they would call me back. Of course, no one called. I contacted them again on Friday. After complaining to the receptionist, I was asked to talk to a manager. He said that the Headers were taking this long because they are rare and he must order them from a warehouse in California. He has the x-pipe but wants to mail it together with the headers so he's waiting to receive them from California. I will probably receive them in 1-2 more weeks. He said that Hooker headers would take this long no matter where I ordered them. Is this legitimate? Should I cancel my order?

• Sponsors (?)

01mgvert -- this is how the internet scam works ! You buy on price from somebody that has ZERO inventory, then after they get your dough, they scramble around trying to find the parts you bought. Sometimes they're succesful, sometimes they're not. During the process, you have to wait and wait and wait and they try their best to cover their tracks.

Typically, business like this are run out of somebody's garage in their home. Why not support your local speed shop? They're a member of your community, pay their taxes, etc.' I'm sure they'd work with you on price to earn your business.

My .02

damacman said:
01mgvert -- this is how the internet scam works ! You buy on price from somebody that has ZERO inventory, then after they get your dough, they scramble around trying to find the parts you bought. Sometimes they're succesful, sometimes they're not. During the process, you have to wait and wait and wait and they try their best to cover their tracks.

Typically, business like this are run out of somebody's garage in their home. Why not support your local speed shop? They're a member of your community, pay their taxes, etc.' I'm sure they'd work with you on price to earn your business.

My .02

This actually my first problem. I've ordered from steeda, stangstore, rpmoutlet, and crmotorsports without any difficulty. I do, however, like your suggestion about supporting local speedstores. As long as they can match prices, I think that this is a good idea.

new22003 said:
Summit racing has them for $6 cheaper. They have them in stock. They have free shipping. You can trust summit. Why didnt you order from them?

Summit Racing does not stock Hooker's ceramic coated super competition header (6230-1) and x-pipe (16762) for the 2001 Mustang GT. The only other places that I found that stocked this header were: Sean Hyland Motorsports ($700) and Thunder Racing ($700). The real savings was on Hooker's x-pipe: $135 at Custom Racing compared to $170 at Sean Hyland and $140 at Thunder Racing.