400 hp 5.0!!

ranger04

Jul 28, 2007
I just read an article from a source called the left lane on the muscle car forum. It said they have spotted ford mustang test mules running around the streets of Detroit sporting the all new 5.0 ford mod V-8. It has 400 hp and 400 foot pounds and is to replace the 4.6 in 2010. Even with 100 more hp, it will have better mpg numbers than the current 4.6 used in the mustang. Ford has not made an official statement yet, but inside sources say the new 5.0 will be the 4.6 replacement in the 2010 mustang GT. Sounds good, I just hope one will fit into my 07, cause I'm not buying a new car to get it. I'll just wait untill one of you guy's wreck your yours and buy the engine ha ha.

• Sponsors (?)

That'd be pretty awesome if it turns out to be true. Ford will need something significantly more powerful than the current 4.6 to compete with the Camaro. My secondary car may end up having to be another Mustang GT :)

What really makes it cool is that we'll be at 400 hp with still less cubes and weight than the challenger or camaro. Hopefully it will be all aluminum for less nose weight in the twistie's as well.