4130 TIG welded Custom Roll-bar

Apr 15, 2007
This is a custom setup we did for the owner of Stangwerks.

fully TIG welded and 4130 construction with 4130 plating into the chassis.

2003mach1_006.jpg

2003mach1_011.jpg

2003mach1_010.jpg

2003mach1_002.jpg

2003mach1_001.jpg

2003mach1_003.jpg

2003mach1_004.jpg

Jason

• Sponsors (?)

the cage looks good. one question though, why no front cage? is just stops at the door bars. i know SCCA and FIA require the cage to continue in a loop by the head of hte windshield and then go through the firewall into the engine bay. also adding bars that go back into the trunk as far back as possible help greatly with chassis rigidity.

the cage looks good. one question though, why no front cage? is just stops at the door bars. i know SCCA and FIA require the cage to continue in a loop by the head of hte windshield and then go through the firewall into the engine bay. also adding bars that go back into the trunk as far back as possible help greatly with chassis rigidity.

You have very good points and questions.

Here are the answers.

Why not a cage for racing?
The customer wanted just a roll bar setup just to run some simple drag strips for fun. It is going to be 90% show car.

Why not bring the tubes farther back?
The customer will be putting NOS bottles and a custom subwoofer setup back there, so the room was made available via moving the rear bars forward some. I do agree on your theory, if it was a purpose built race application then i would bring the tubes farther back.

Jason

i forgot to add this in, There is a removeable section in the harness bar. We use a specialty machined unit that is TIG welded in and provides an interlocking section that will never rattle and be very strong in the event of an accident.

2003mach1_0012.jpg

2003mach1_0022.jpg

2003mach1_0032.jpg

Jason