450hp?

tchsathlete

Jul 6, 2006
i am going to purchase a turbo setup that is capible of 600hp for a 07 mustang gt. i have heard of the stock 3v 4.6 cam only handle 500rwhp. so what would 450rwhp do to the engine life? this is daily driver!! :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

450rwh seems to be the majic number but the tune is what will save you. There was someone running their turbo on the stock tune and blew her up. You should be fine with the stock setup they give you and make sure you get a good tune. With turbos you might have 450wrhp but you will have 500tq @ 4K!.. just play it safe and smart and dont go beyong the stock setup for the turbo till you forged the car

haha.. well.. it will cost about 2-3K at least.. keep your stock block, crank, heads, I would upgrade the vavlesprings (Livernois has stronger replacements) If your doing a turbos look at the compression others are running. If you know a good shop I would have them do it just in case sheet happens you have a place to take it back to. Other wize if you got some cash you cn just buy a crate engine from MMR or VT/boss 330 etc. Some of those places will give a year warrenty like mmr.. but I dont want to test that warrenty.. I still have my mmr block sitting... one of these days I will get it in there =-(