466ci Ford Crate Motor

Too many unanswered questions. You say it has a 600 lift cam. What is the duration at .050 lift? You almost definitely need more converter. What rear suspension mods do you have? You will need a good suspension and slicks to hook up with that kind of power and the right converter. Also, do yourself a favor and move the battery to the rear of the car. It's hurting you with the weight of that big block that now resides in the engine compartment, even with the aluminum heads. It looks like you only have a 4 pt. roll bar? You will need at least a six point to be legal at the track. Last I checked, 6 pt is good down to 10 o's.

• Sponsors (?)

My buddy loves 460's and has set up a lot of them. If you get all of your parts right it should rev up just as fast as you want.

The one thing I noticed though is that 850 carb. You might want to play aroud with the jets on that. It is sucking a lot of air, and that big block can take it if properly set up, but you gotta make sure that you have the right amount of fuel in there. Too much isn't good, neither is too little. Also I would get the specs on your manifold and cam and see if they are matched well power at rpm wise.

You've got a great motor there and you should never feel like it is sluggish, even in an auto. But there are a lot of variables still.

Anyway start w/ the jets. That's my 2¢

--Casey

I plan on having the carb gone thru or even replaced. I also plan on having the car dyno tuned. I am not real sure on the spec on the engine. It one of the 2 460 crate motors offered by ford n there cataloge. The guy tat I got it from claims it is the 550 HP engine. I have my doubts. I plan on breaking it down this winter to find out for sure.