4cyl mpg?

KlrSnk

Jun 21, 2006
How good are the 4cyl foxes on gas? As gas continues to rise here ( 2.98 ) I need something cheaper on gas, my truck drinks it like an alcoholic, and the T/A is even worse, so I was thinking of a 4cyl for a DD/beater.

Did they make 4cyl coupes?

• Sponsors (?)

Who drives/buys a 5.0 to save gas or even worry about gas mileage? Drive it like it was meant to be driven if you get 25mpg awesome, if you get 13, change a bunch of the tune up stuff and if you still get 13mpg oh well.

I wouldnt mind having a daily driver fox 4cyl, go for it :nice:

I wish that still happened when you had heads, gears, a blower, etc. I'm afraid to figure my mileage out, but at least I know lots of other people get have it worse :)

mob said:
Who drives/buys a 5.0 to save gas or even worry about gas mileage? Drive it like it was meant to be driven if you get 25mpg awesome, if you get 13, change a bunch of the tune up stuff and if you still get 13mpg oh well.

I wouldnt mind having a daily driver fox 4cyl, go for it :nice:
No one buys a 5.0 planning on getting good gas mileage. It just so happens that the 5.0 does get good mileage considering its age. Getting 24-25 mpg out of a 5.0 with late 80s technology is pretty good.

88 Fox GT said:
No one buys a 5.0 planning on getting good gas mileage. It just so happens that the 5.0 does get good mileage considering its age. Getting 24-25 mpg out of a 5.0 with late 80s technology is pretty good.

:nice: