4k budget

ddub24

Oct 15, 2009
I have a 2003 GT automatic with just under 100k miles, I have a 4k budget and im wanting to make just under if not 400 hp, any ideas on how i can reach my goal?

I'd like a supercharger, but not at the cost of my rods, so I need some alternative ways to make that amount of HP

• Sponsors (?)

Superchargers would definitely get you in that range. And if you were patient, I'm sure you could find a good condition used one for a good bit less than 4000.

Giggle juice could also pretty easily get you there, well within the 4000 budget, but I don't know if you want a nitrous car.

You could go with the new Trickflow heads and some aftermarket cams. I think those two mods are around $3000ish, +/-. That plus full bolt ons and I'm pretty sure you'd be close to 350 rwhp. And it should be within the 4000 budget.

I'm sure some of the guys that know more about the power those combo's make as well as the price will chime in soon and help ya out. :nice:

-Will

Used inter cooled blower kit, injectors, fuel pump and a hand held tuner. Will prolly go a hair over but it will allow you to run low boost and 400 rwhp very saftly. Get forged internals down the road and crank the boost to get 500ish rwhp. :nice:

I occasionally see a Vortech or ATI kit going for $3000. A pump setup is a couple hundred and injectors another $150-$400 depending on new/used and brand. Then a used SCT Xcal for $200 and another $300-$400 for a tune and you will have a safe and reliable 400 hp Stang. :banana: