5.0 Bolt On Dyno Results

GameCock5.0

Jan 14, 2012
North Carolina
Found a thread not too long ago with a link to a site that did all the common bolt-on upgrades for the 5.0 motors.

They ran it on a Dyno-Jet after each upgrade and gave the results from each.

It is an awesome read, but the number side of things on the page are a bit jumbled and hard to read which upgrade did what.

So, I decided to make a spread sheet in case anyone wants to see just the dyno results for each upgrade. Here is the link to the site if you want to read the entire article. ENJOY!

Sorry, it won't lead me add the spread sheet on as an attachment. So if you would like it, just pm me your email address and I will email it to you. If any of the mods know of a way I could attach it, please infrom me. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

You can open the file on your screen, press F11 to make it as large as possible, then press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. This will take a screen shot of whatever is up on your monitor at that instant and copy it to the clipboard. You can then open up any image editing software and paste the screen shot into a new image. Save the image in .jpg format and upload it here.

Okay, think i might have got it. Pretty simple actually. Thanks 1991notchbackLX

the car had 126,000 miles on it, and the price of all the upgrades (heads were aluminum GT-40's brand new from Ford Racing) was $3200

Attachments

• 5.0 Spreadsheet.jpg
    5.0 Spreadsheet.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 612
Yea man, see that goes to show that I have googled stuff lol I stumbled across this while googling, before coming on here to ask the old basic stuff.

It is pretty interesting, hard to believe it has not had a revision from the posted date.

Must have been sold out of the E cam at the time since everyone has one. I was looking at a car on Ebay, has a 347 and E cam. Must be giving E cams away.
everyone loves the letter cams for some reason. i really have no clue why. the only reason my car has one is because it was in it when i bought it. won't stay that way for long though. seems like every newbie that comes on any mustang forum wants an E cam. if not, definately an F or a B cam

I'd like to see it done with afr/trick flow heads, track heat/systemax intakes, different brands of long tube headers...

Good info!

I'd like to see it done with afr/trick flow heads, track heat/systemax intakes, different brands of long tube headers...

Good info!

Definately, and beleive me, if i had the means, i would definately do it. with the afr's/trick flows/RHS/Victor heads and the heat/systemax/performer rpm/bbk intake manifolds. and also show the difference before and after porting and polishing. With a spread sheet or write up like that, the post by newbs asking the same questions repeatedly would go down significantly

Hopefully one of these days, someone with loads of extra dough and a love for fox's would do something like this...