5.0 Explorer heads don't work?!?!

• Sponsors (?)

SWYZ721 said:
How often? I've had my E/Ls for two years and my wires are peach.
with ford racing wires.... all the time, boots would burn and wires would make contact on hard launches, random bumps.

it happend several times while I owned the headers

really annoying having to pull over in a parkinglot to adjust them, or leaving hard and having a Bunk pass down the track. It happened maybe a couple tiems at the track and less than 10 times total... THATS TOO MUCH

SeventyMach1 said:
LMAO. Yes, that's the only thing you have to do to run the intake, lol.

:OT: This is making me feel a little better. How do you think it will do with a 347? Ported, that is.
shame on you for running an explorer on a 347. if you are putting low flowing heads on it then its fine. just make sure your intake isnt a restriction for your heads.

347 with AFRS or trick flows deserves a trick flow R, systemax II or RPM II

Trick Pony said:
What are you guys paying for explorer heads, and what kind of HP increase do you get? Are the heads a strait swap, or do you have to do other mods?

I paid 250 for box stock and upgraded springs to handle my cam.

look on www.socalhorsepower.com at the gt40p thread in the pushrod section there is a thread of our build ups of gt40p combos.

proven combo = intake... performer, gt40 style / gt40Ps with light home exhaust porting and bowl work / comp xe270 for 1.7s

295-305 / 325-330+ with all the given boltons, mac long tubes/pullies/maf/injectors/etc etc

95snoozer said:
shame on you for running an explorer on a 347. if you are putting low flowing heads on it then its fine. just make sure your intake isnt a restriction for your heads.

347 with AFRS or trick flows deserves a trick flow R, systemax II or RPM II

Haha .... I didn't say I was doing that. I was more so inquiring if one that was ported to the max would work well. I will (more than likely) be running AFR 185's .... so I guess I'll have to use the Explorer intake elsewhere.