5.0 Fuel Efficeincy

• Sponsors (?)

Long term average 21.2 mpg. Swapping 3.08 to 3.73 didn't change it.

What about ignition upgrades? Jacob's claims their Mileage Master ignition package will improve mileage and horsepower.
Shoot, sometimes a simple tune up with plugs and synthetics will do wonders.

*edit* 95Vert, I reckon the tank holds 15.4 gallons, but you need to divide by the number of gallons you put in. Should be somewhere around 10-12 gallons. Look on the pump.

Just fill it up and do NOT top it off then you know how much fuel you used for that last tankfull.. Point is that the fuel level gauge is not exact and you never know how much fuel your leaving in the tank, so you need to go by how much you add at fill-up.. Not really an exact measurement, but better than guessing off your fuel gauge..

I have a 13gal fuel tank in one of my cars and never seem to add more than 11 most of the time and maybe 12 when I really "run her dry"

95Vert said:
how many gallons do our cars hold to start off with. right now i have 221 miles and i need to fill up. what do i need to divide that by to get my mpg. is it 13, 14, or 15 gallons. thanx

Divide by how many gallons you put in when you fill up......it does not matter how much it will hold when calculating your mileage...

if you put in 10 gal you are getting 22 mpg per your miles of 221

good luck