5.0 GT T-Top Locks

• Sponsors (?)

IMO it would be cheaper and easier to buy replacement ttops that have their own OEM keys along with them. You can find a set for 50-100 depending on shipping. Good Luck!

Reccomend making duplicate sets of keys once you do get this situation fixed

I got pissed off when I got my t top stang and no keys with it and one of my stupid friends locked them when I left him sitting in the car at a 7 11, so I got pissed off and just yanked down hard on the handle one day and they went down right thru the lock

Realmongo said:
I just bought the car and the keys were not a part of the deal. The locks do have codes on them, so maybe a locksmith or possibly a Ford dealer could help.

Ford cant do anything. My buddy had this same problem when he got his 87 gt t-top car. We all kept trying to get one of our keys to work and he got lucky and one of my buddys keys to a video game machine at his work worked on it, so he somehow now has it so it wont lock anymore.

But Since i work at a ford dealership i thought he could get a replacement key but they def. dont make those anymore and or have even wher eyou could get one on file. Your best bet is to go to a lock smith or do like the one guy said get new ones for 50-100 bucks....and figure out how to take these out..lol :D :shrug:

You can pull the handle right through the lock, I know I've had to do it atleast half a dozen times. I have also found that cheap craftsman toolboxes use the same keys, and sometimes they work, that's how i got keys for my tops... from my old ass craftsman box.

Hmmm... Now there is an idea, just have to find one with the same code stamped on it...

seijirou said:
You can pull the handle right through the lock, I know I've had to do it atleast half a dozen times. I have also found that cheap craftsman toolboxes use the same keys, and sometimes they work, that's how i got keys for my tops... from my old ass craftsman box.

When I got the 86 I have now the dealer didn't have t-top keys. I tried the one from the car I was trading in and it was the same number. See if someone has a t-top car in your area and try the key. They aren't that precision a cut.

hold off on just yanking that handle.

the ttops all have generic keys, meaning, they only made a few different styles of keys. the keys are #'d. You need to go to foureyedpride and tell the guys you lost your keys, someone there may have the same lock and can send you a copy.