5.0 H.O 94 Mustang GT Issue

I have a 94 mustang gt 5.0 5 speed. the car will run perfect for awhile then all of a sudden start losing power, cutting out, spitting and sputtering. If i let it set for a few hours without trying to start it, it will run and drive for a few minutes then do the exact same thing, but if it sets over night itll drive for a few hours just fine and start acting up again. When i try tol start it after immeidatly dying it starts then immediatley dies again. I changed the fuel filter, that wasnt it, i cut the cats off, that didnt help. My next change is gona be the ignition module and computer. This beast is my daily driver and its really frusterating trying to figure out what the problem could possibly be. If anyone has ANY ideas im all ears, thanks in advance for the help, Bill

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds to me like heat soaked parts. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be something as easy as a new distributor cap & rotor. It could be the PIP sensor in the distributor as well. You can replace the PIP sensor yourself, but you need to disassemble the distributor to do it.

I just had the same thing happen. The fuel pump and filter have been replaced, so I didn't think that was it (it used to die completely when that was an issue). I pulled off the MAF sensor and cleaned it really well; that seemed to fix it. The car had a rough time starting but once it got fuel, the idel stopped bouncing all over the place and leveled out.