5 lug and suspension guys, please help me out.

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
Hey guys. I did a search, which didn't help, and I talked to a few people but they didn't know either. Here's my situation: I am doing a 5 lug conversion with all SN95 parts from a 94 6 cyl. I have the hubs, spindles, and all that up front, so I can keep the stock track width. Out back, I'm using SN95 junk too, which will expand my wheel base a little, but I anticipate no problems there. Here's my snag. I have BBK progressive rate lowering springs on the car, which dropped it an easy 1.5 inches in the front, and about 1.2 in the rear. The car has a nice rake, and the front tires fit nice with what's there now. Currently I am running OEM 16x7 pony rims with 225/50/R16 tires on them. There's no rubbing at all, but when I had 245/50/16s up front, there was rubbing. Anyway, the rims I have for the conversion are ROH Snyper 17x8s. They have 245/45/17 tires mounted on them. I just went outside, and placed them next to the car to snap a few pics. The rear is going to fill in really well, but the front I think might be a problem. The snypers are 1.5" taller, and 1" wider than my ponies, which fit snug but safe as it is. I don't know crap about backspacing, so I don't know how much more the Snypers will sit out vs. the Ponies, but I know that they will be taller. It looks like when the wheel is straight, I'll have room, but as soon as I turn it, it's going to hit the fender lip. The only solution I can come up with is to buy some Maximum Motorsports spring isolators. I read that they are really thick, and will take about .5" out of the drop my springs made. If anyone can come up with a better solution, or knows the math and specs on the wheels, please help me out. I don't want any surprises when I go to do this, and I'd like to keep the suspension and stance as is if possible. Thanks.
attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)