5 lug conversion for front?

Apsychotic

Dec 5, 2003
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows if they make a 5 lug conversion for the ll? I have a 9" in the rear w/ 5 lug, want the front wheels to match. thanks in advance, Apsychotic

• Sponsors (?)

98CobraClone said:
can't you just use ranger rotors?

It might not help if the 9" has the "fullsize" 5 on 5.5 pattern. Rangers use a 5 on 4.5 pattern (like the Comet/Maverick V8 cars) One of these days I'll find out if the Ranger rotors fit, because I have a 5 lug Comet 8" diff and a total of 4 Ranger based vehicles to rob parts from for a 5 lug conversion....

If you don't need to increase your braking power any, then the 9" diameter, 5-on-4.5" rotors commonly sold for Street Rods are what you need. They are a straight swap for the factory rotors and use the factory calipers. Cost between $100 and $150 for 2 rotors.

Here is a set on eBay (not mine):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2444947228&category=34199

If you need to increase your braking power, the cheapest way is to use early Granada 11" diameter 5-on-4.5" rotors and new calipers and mounts. The calipers are GM-style (Wilwood sells some if you can't stand the GM label) and the caliper mounts are aftermarket. This gets you a moderate increase in braking power (maybe 40%?). Cost is probably $300 if you hunt the parts down yourself.

If you want a major increase in braking power, you have to go to Stainless Steel Brakes (SSB), Baer Racing, or Wilwood. The parts are all aftermarket, and the cost can be pretty steep.