5-speed swap about to begin!!!

5.0 con-vert

No soup for you, Joe Rogan!!!
Jun 7, 2005
Boca Raton, FL
I am about to undertake the fun task of swapping my twice smoked AOD for a t-5!!! OH THE ELATION! :banana: What is a good price for used parts for this swap? when I say this, I mean all the parts including Engine block plate, flywheel, pressure plate, new clutch,bellhousing,fork,throwout bearing, trans,shifter,crossmember,pedals, cultch cable,shifter boots upper and lower, all the bolts, and h-pipe hanger.

Obviuosly I'm a cheap ass and wan't to pay the leat amount possible but are these all the parts and what should I pay.

I believe the gains from this will far outweight the suckassedness of the labor!

(and yes, I expect this to suck!)

thanks for the tech help! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I bought an entire car from my buddy; he had it sitting in his backyard for a year or so. My buddy, 1986Stang, needed parts too so we split the cost and paid $350 each for the car (that's $700 total, for all you math wizards :rolleyes: ). So I spent about $600-$700 total, including a new Centerforce clutch.

You're best bet is to find a car at the junk yard, then you have everything you need. Good-luck!!!! :nice:

Good Luck with the swap. I just helped my friend complete the swap and he loves the increased performance and fun factor. If you take your time and do it right it really isnt that frustrating of a swap. The neutral safety switch was the biggest headache for us during the swap.

89stangalang said:
Good Luck with the swap. I just helped my friend complete the swap and he loves the increased performance and fun factor. If you take your time and do it right it really isnt that frustrating of a swap. The neutral safety switch was the biggest headache for us during the swap.

the neutral safety switch is about 5 min. of work. Just connect the 2 wires together, and use the other 2 for the reverse lights.

and don't try to start your car in gear, cause it will!

maybe It won't be so bad. Like I said I just swapped the AOD's out so everything should be fairly easy to unbolt! I found a setup for about 750. This includes a new clutch. Sounds reasonable and then I can get the vert back out just in time for the snow to start flyin again!

YEE HAA!! :banana: