5speed guys......

32valvefox

Oct 1, 2007
I have my 88 fox on the dyno right now with the 4.6 dohc and a t-45 trans. problem is ... is that the t-5 stock clutch cable is not long enough, it is keeping the clutch engauged causing slipping on the t-45.
Is the clutch cable for a 98ish cobra with a t-45 longer than a cable for a t-5? if i order a clutch cable for a 98 cobra, will that solve my problem?

if not... which aftermarket adjustable cable do you guys recomend? i tried the summit one and it sucked. does the bbk one work any better?

please help.
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I have my 88 fox on the dyno right now with the 4.6 dohc and a t-45 trans. problem is ... is that the t-5 stock clutch cable is not long enough, it is keeping the clutch engauged causing slipping on the t-45.
Is the clutch cable for a 98ish cobra with a t-45 longer than a cable for a t-5? if i order a clutch cable for a 98 cobra, will that solve my problem?

if not... which aftermarket adjustable cable do you guys recomend? i tried the summit one and it sucked. does the bbk one work any better?

please help.
thanks

I have the steeda adjustable cable kit and love it. Can't go wrong with steeda....

The mod cable is longer... I think. Can't remember now. If its not giving you enough adjustment a firewall adjuster will not help as your already TOO short. You can do a tripple hook quad from steeda I think to get you where you need to be.

Do you have a stock or adjustable cable? an adj might give you just enough room to make it work.