65, 66, 67, 68 fastbacks - what's the difference?

Fiasco

Nov 2, 2001
I want to do a 67 GT350 clone. How similar are the various first gen fastbacks? Do I have to use a 67 doner or can another year be substituted and still look accurate?

• Sponsors (?)

Better do it quick,I read an article stating that pretty soon the only way to get decals ,or replacement emblems is through Shelby ,and for that you would have to prove ownership ,photo of vin ,photo copy of title ,I guess they want to stop the future cloning of these vehicles, I'm not sure what they are going to do about all the fiberglass ,if it will affect the future production of hood's,and other Shelby stuff ,In a way I guess I understand ,and in a way it really stink's ,so what if you have a replica ,as long as you state that it is,
with the prices of Barrett-Jackson ,and if I owned the real thing ,it would'nt be more than a conversation piece in my garage.

I'd bet the side stripes could whipped out in about 5 seconds by pretty much any auto graphics shop with a plotter. The guy who does the sponsor lettering and numbers on my brother's race car does some pretty complex and beautifully done lettering for a heck of a lot less than the Shelby repro market vendors are getting. BTW, I've been thinking about having him do a set of the side stripes for my clone that read "GT 349", the reason being that it's not quite a GT 350. Does that sound hokey?

Cobain03 said:
65/66 is one body style and 67/68 is a different body style.

maily front end looks and tail light panels.

tail lights, tail light panel and frontend would be swapped out as part of a shelby clone.

Is there any difference in the sheet metal?