65 Mustang Doors

My driver side door is full of bondo, and my passenger side door is caved in around the door handle. Should I buy door skins and replace the sections of the doors that are bad, completely reskin the doors, buy brand new repo doors, or try to find original doors (no luck so far)? The door lines are very straight and line up well with the other panels, and also don't have much rust.... they just have some horrible body work on them, the driver side in particular. I don't think the doors can be fixed without a patch though, and I really don't want to screw up the lines on the car with repo panels. What is my best option to fix my doors?

• Sponsors (?)

If it were me, I'd buy nice originals. I know they may not be on every street corner in certain places of the country, but they made a million '65-'66 Mustangs, and I believe the doors are all interchangeable. Even if you had to buy doors from another state (think Arizona) and pay to have them shipped, it would be worth it to have nice solid doors.

Zookeeper or any of you guys in the southwest, could you keep a look out for me for a nice set of 65-66 doors, maybe check craigslist or the local paper and see what you can find? I've pretty much exhasted my resources here in St. Louis, Missouri and haven't found anything at all. Yesterday I drove 3 hours to a swap meet that was just a bunch of junk...

If you do find some original doors, most likely there will be rust issues with them even in California because the car they come off of will most likely have been left out in the elements. If your doors are good to go other than the apparent damage, I believe I would re-skin them.