'66 Pwr Steering Slave Cylinder Replacement

I am about to replace the power steering cylinder on my '66 convertible. Has anyone done this? It looks pretty straight forward, but just wanted to make sure there were no surprises waiting for me. I have the new cylinder and boot kit from Mustangs Unlimited.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I know this goes with out saying but “MAKE SURE YOU GET THE HOSES CORRECT”. I have heard stories of people getting them backwards and the thing shacking like a paint shaker until it shakes it self apart.

UN FREAKING BELIEVEABLE!!!

If it weren't for bad luck...... :fuss: :fuss: :fuss:

Removed the old power steering cylinder with no problem. Disconnected the 2 fluid lines from the control valve....no problem. Installed the new power cylinder to the frame and steering arm and connected the top fluid line fitting...no problem. The lower fluid line fitting was stubborn but it finally went in...so I thought. I cross threaded the dang thing and really boogered it up!! :damnit: I worked on it for an hour and it's just not going in.

Figured I would just pull out the fluid line and replace it. WRONG! It's in a tight spot where it connects to the control valve and there's no way I can get it out.

HELP!!! Is there any way to correct the threads on the fitting without pulling out the whole control valve assembly?