'67 Door Courtesy Light Template?

Anybody have one? I'm working on a '67 Mustang convertible for a customer, and it has the Deluxe panels and the aluminum trim at the bottom, but the car apparantly didn't come with them since there are no corresponding holes in the panel for the courtesy light or the door speaker. I have the repro lights and the harnesses to hook them up, and could slowly open the holes up until its right, but a template would make it go a lot faster, especially since the lens is two colors and has to fit perfectly in the grille opening.

If not...guess I will be posting one in a couple of days! :D

• Sponsors (?)

I could trace it for you, but you already have an excellent template- The grilles that cover them. They mount with the red portion of the lamp to the rear.

68Shelby2014-GT350_Inter_open_door.jpg

I wouldn't want anyone to go to the trouble of taking the grille off to make a template...just thought maybe someone had a template from somewhere, or had made one off an original door. The ribs in the grill get in the way somewhat, but I could put it back on and mark it that way if need be.

67 Mustang door courtesy lights.

Trying to find out how to mount the door courtesy lights to the door panel? Each light came with 4 screws and 2 inserts. Not sure how to install the fasteners? The door does not look like it came with the lights from factory by the way the holes were cut. They were cut with dill bit. Not very clean. Before I start to clean up the uneven cut marks I would like to know how it should look.
Mustangs Unlimited - The Premier Source for Mustang, Shelby and Cougar Parts and Accessories