67 Newbie With Pics....

• Sponsors (?)

Your coupe is awesome! I tried to run 18x10's and a 295/35 tire on my coupe but at a much lower ride height than yours. It rubbed on the inside (front lower corner of inner wheel house) and outside. A large hammer would have fixed the inside but the wheel needs to come in to clear the outside. So rather than raise it up I decided to change to a 18x9 wheel with a 275/40 tire. On the front I narrowed the 18x9 wheel down to 8" and run a 245/40 tire. Even this still required a 1/4" spacer to prevent the wheels from contacting the GW UCA's at full lock.

How much did it cost to have your wheels narrowed and are there any ill effects? I actually thought about that as well, getting the front trimmed to 8 inch would give me ALOT more clearance, that's for sure. Only problem is, then I have this brand new pair of 275/35s I'd have to do something with!

It is about $125 a wheel at www.weldcraftwheels.com...They claim that the weld is at least as strong as the cast material. This is the second set of wheels I have done this to. The first were Cobra R's...when they first came out they were only available in 17x9.

You might want to keep the 275's...if you decide to slam it down you might need them.

BOWTIEKILLR said:
well man, definitely a nice motor, and a clean car...but way to be unique with the paint scheme and body mods.

As in Unique Performance? I like the 67 Shel style hood much better than the Elanor style. IMO the 67 Shelby style hoods are the best looking for early stangs.

BIG-MAC said:
As in Unique Performance? I like the 67 Shel style hood much better than the Elanor style. IMO the 67 Shelby style hoods are the best looking for early stangs.
no....not unique performance. unique as in different. the eleanore hood is hideous,and i like the gt500 hood, but i was reffering to the paint scheme, front valence, decklid and taillights. i strongly dislike and cant understand why so many people make eleanore replicas. at least its not striped and baged gt500

BOWTIE..

Sorry to disappoint you, but the car was painted 2 years before Gone in 60 Secs came out, so I think they were copying me....lol

If you look close, this car had very little to do with Eleanor, and by no means was a copy. That's why America is great though. You can do anything to your car that you want, and I can do anything to mine I want....

to each his own, and sorry if i seemed harsh, its really a very nice car. a very similar thing happened to my dad, he put a shelby hood, decklid and taillight panel on his 67 coupe in the mid 90s and still hasnt got it painted. people all the time ask if its an eleanore coupe clone and dont believe it was done way before the movie. it just erks(sp) me

Nice car! I can't help but agree that there are striking similarities between it and the El though, the paint, the shelby lights and deck lid, the TCP pedals, the front valance with a similar light layout. Whatever though, I don't give a crap whether it is a copy or not, it looks nice. I hope the paint on my next car looks that good seven years after being painted.