68 REAR END

INDSKYS

May 24, 2003
CALIFORNIA
hi everyone im looking for the hub to hub dimensions for a stock 68 mustang coupe rear end.i put in a rear end out of a 77 granada. and my rear width is 2 inches wider then my fronttire to tire and i get major tire rub with measly 245 60 16,s. rolled fenders and still get rub . and im running 5 leaf standard eye rear springs.and centerline rep personaaly set backspace for wheels front turned out great but i failed to mentin the rear was from a granada.arghhh

• Sponsors (?)

whoa whoa.....

Are you saying you have a rearend from a 77 granada in a 68 mustang? I jsut want to be sure I understand before I answer. That 60 series tire is pretty thick for a 245 wide tire. That might be your problem right there

yes was a 77 granada everyting matched up perfect too as far as springs brakes etc. this was a 6 cylinder car originally. so it had a tiny little i dont know what rear end in it to begin with. and the rear i put in from granada is an 8 inch ,fi there was a 8 or nine option .

The tires should fit fine...
It would be the wrong offset on the rims putting them out of place.
The Granada rear is narrower than the original. Bolts in fine, just a little narrower.
Dave