68 SHelby GT 500 wiring

BarnStang

Founding Member
Mar 2, 2001
Hagerstown, MD
I am having a hard time finding wiring diagrams for the Shelby specific wiring. I have all the 68 Mustang wiring diagrams. For example, we ordered all new harnesses from Branda-with fog lights-with tach. So I have the gray wire in the harness for the foglights, and the pigtails are there at the front, but the wire stops at the end of the harness under the dash. Would be nice to have a diagram of the complete fog light wiring. THats just one example. Have two differnt tilt column solinoid harnesses with C8ZA on them and they are completly different...have all the gauge feed harnesses new from Branda for the console-haven't looked them yet, but at a glance am not sure where they will connect to the rest of the underdash harness. And so on. If anyone has a good resource they could suggest I would be very grateful. Even Milt at Branda told me there are no diagrams. I am reduced to calling him to work out each one of these circuits. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Does this help at all?
front.jpg

lastscan.jpg

Scanned from http://booksinc.net/NASApp/store/Product?s=showproduct&isbn=9780760305522

THat is a big help. Thanks! Would still like to find the wiring diagrams though. I can at least ID the connectors and figure most of it out from these pictorials. I ordered the fog light switch from Branda today, so that will solve one connector, and I see the circuit breaker in the picture that I am missing...Milt @ Branda mentioned that too. But they don't repop that.

That is an awsome site. Will email him Monday.
From the pictures I am now sure I need to find the non existant circuit breaker for the fog lights. That resolves all the connections on the new harness. Got the repop fog light switch yesterday from Branda. The two term conn on the harness go to the posts on that circuit breaker. Coming together nicely now. Thanks for the help!
Note: The car will be at the All Ford show at Carlisle next weekend if anyone wants to see it, along with our Eleanor project with front to rear TCP suspension mods will also be on display.

I have the 68 Fog light switch and harness laying on a chair here if you would like me to photograph it for you.

Which switch do you have ?

I have the round black knob that says Fog Lights.

It isn't hard and the circuit breaker ( Type 110) is available numerous places

I have 5 of them .

The power lead to the switch comes from the Yellow 3 way connector.
On the separate fuse box bracket which is where the C.B. mounts there is also a special relay relay (same as seat belt belt relay C7AB-10B924-B) , a ground wire to switch , power wire to switch.

Would you like Ford Part #'s

or Motorcraft numbers for this stuff ?

Edit: Photos to follow