69 Convertible Value?

OldMustangGuy

Apr 1, 2008
Looking for some friendly advice on the value of a 69 convertible I have been storing (inside) since 1979. The car has 159,000 miles on it. Mechanically it is completely worn out, (Burned some oil, transmission and rear end whined like crazy, suspension bottomed out over the smallest bump) but I was driving it daily when it was parked. But, good news, the body and frame have very little rust. Very,very, solid. Front end, radiator, carburetor, and passenger door were removed in a feeble attempt at restoration years ago, but I have all of the parts and an extra door. It is just a plain Mustang Convertible, 302 2 Barrel, three speed manual, manual top. Not sure whether to just go ahead and finally sell it after all these years, or try to fix it up myself. Do not want to invest a lot more in it than what it will end up being worth. This car was a blast to drive back in the day (good times? OH YEA!) and I would like to see it step out again, even if it is not with me.

VIN#:9T03F168836

I am located in western Virginia.

Will post photos later if there is any interest.

Thanks for any help you can throw my way.

• Sponsors (?)

The plus for you is that these cars are very uncommon.

The negative is that as you say, the car is in need of alot fo work. Unfortunately, the value "as is" is probably only $4 to 8 Thousand, and that could vary farther without seeing the car. What is the color?

The color is green

Thanks for your reply! The color is green. The ID tag on the door says color "4". I have attached some pics.

OldMustangGuy

Attachments

• Trunk 1.jpg
    Trunk 1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Warranty Number.jpg
    Warranty Number.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 96