$75 for 1 barrel of crude oil...

Well, here in Canada, gas is at 1.20$/L CDN so that around 4.09$/gallon USD for 87 octane.:(
Last summer, it used to be around 2.55$/gallon USD. So for 15.7 gallon tank, it used to cost 40$ and now will cost 65$.

I just had to reprogram my car back to factory tune so it can take 87 octane for a while:nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

don't worry about it, I have a failproof plan to get Iran, infact it's been the plan all along.
attachment.php

sgarlic said:
I just think about rising gas costs like this.

If my 15.7 gallon tank were completely empty, at $2.759 per gallon, it costs me $43 to fill it. At $3.00 a gal, it's $47. That's only an extra 4 bucks. Big whoop. I spend twice that on coca-cola every few days.

Stupid logic, but it makes me feel better.

why is it stupid logic? its the truth... and extra 4 bucks every 200 miles.. give me a break. everyone needs to stop complaining about 30 cents when everyone spends more than double this on alcohol in 3 days...

we'll have to ride it out til we get a democrat in office, damn republicans dont do anything but make things cost more. seriously last year they blamed katrina for skyrocketing prices, now its iran, we get poor oil companies get rich,

abouttobeglue said:
we'll have to ride it out til we get a democrat in office, damn republicans dont do anything but make things cost more. seriously last year they blamed katrina for skyrocketing prices, now its iran, we get poor oil companies get rich,

:rolleyes:

the gas in this country is the cheapest in the world

1fast03pony said:
:rolleyes:

the gas in this country is the cheapest in the world

that may be. But our economy is built on concept that gas is cheap. this gas price will eventually impact badly on people, such as those who comute long distance or buisness who does through deliverly, and such

Mity2...

I don't really want to pursue a discussion about this but my comment didn't mean we went directly to where the oil is... no, it's our stepping stone. Stategy and war are all about location, location, location... why are we so sensitive about Cuba? Location...

Anyways... :flag:

1fast03pony said:
why is it stupid logic? its the truth... and extra 4 bucks every 200 miles.. give me a break. everyone needs to stop complaining about 30 cents when everyone spends more than double this on alcohol in 3 days...

I drive a minimum of 150 miles a day... for work. I pay very close to $100 a week for work gas and that doesn't include my downtown Denver parking fees. But it's not just our cars it's going to effect. Petro touches everything.

Funny though... I work for one of the largest petroleum services company around. But I don't get no free gas...

I walked into one of our stations the other day and asked the clerk for $5 worth of gas... and he farted! :rlaugh:

mity2 said:
I hope not. Think about where they are located. Because this is what i think what would happen if we attack Iran. I;m not pro analyzer. So i'm open for opinion/suggestion/counter opinion

They(Iran) are in located in such area that makes it very easy to take control of one of perhaps most important strait in the middle east region - Strait of Hormuz, where almost 100% of oil tanker depart from Persian gulf have to cross. We attack Iran, Iran will close off the strait with force. simple as that.
View attachment 474493
They close that strait, price of clude oil WILL skylocket so high that makes $75/barrel look like pocket change, and we'll be owned. Remenber Iran did do that back in Mid 80's. So they'll do it again
Then Iran would prolly attack American force stationed in Iraq. Since most the insurgents that are still conducting gerrira warfare would support Iran(despite of past difference), and turn up the heat on US solders in Iraq with IED or prohaps(and most likely) more advanced weapons provided by Iran. Just think what happened to USSR in afganistan when those insurgents got supported by another nation(reads US) so willingly provided modern weapons? Can u say another Vietnam???
Iran recently made the commented not so good to Israel. Iran pointedly announced that its Shahab-3 ballistic missile was now operational. The missile can reach Israel, and Iran has 25 to 100 of them. Defense Minister Ali Shamkhrani crowed that Iran was now "ready to confront all regional [read: Israeli] and extra-regional [read: American] threats.
If US strikes Iran, its easy to imagine that Iran would, and will mostlikely shoot off few of these in to islael. As iran and Islael aren't the bestest friend. And i would think anti-american feel would quickly spread among Islaeli people.
With Oil tanker not able to pass through above mentioned strait, then that would piss off $$$ hungry SaudiArabian oil ticoon, and would no longer support US to protect its interest. meaning We basically lose all the control over middle eastern region, and say hello to $200~$300 for the barrel of oil(who knowz what it will be at the pump...)

What you guys think?

Ok i have a plan: we will piss on the U.N (the U.N is stupid anyway bunch of punks they should all be speaking german anyway oh wait thats right the U.S won WWII). The UK and Isreal and U.S. will completly destroy the midlle east and take over the oil until we figure out an alternate fuel. You may say oh my gosh iran has nukes yes ****y ones but the U.S has 10000 times more then them and so does the british and Israel also god has blessed Israel so they can woop arrrsss. I think it would work besides i hate towel heads. Oh yes you might say would you fight and the answere is june 6 i go active duty so yes i would fight. for our v8s and complete control of the world :rlaugh: :bang:

mity2 said:
I hope not. Think about where they are located. Because this is what i think what would happen if we attack Iran. I;m not pro analyzer. So i'm open for opinion/suggestion/counter opinion

They(Iran) are in located in such area that makes it very easy to take control of one of perhaps most important strait in the middle east region - Strait of Hormuz, where almost 100% of oil tanker depart from Persian gulf have to cross. We attack Iran, Iran will close off the strait with force. simple as that.
View attachment 474475
They close that strait, price of clude oil WILL skylocket so high that makes $75/barrel look like pocket change, and we'll be owned. Remenber Iran did do that back in Mid 80's. So they'll do it again
Then Iran would prolly attack American force stationed in Iraq. Since most the insurgents that are still conducting gerrira warfare would support Iran(despite of past difference), and turn up the heat on US solders in Iraq with IED or prohaps(and most likely) more advanced weapons provided by Iran. Just think what happened to USSR in afganistan when those insurgents got supported by another nation(reads US) so willingly provided modern weapons? Can u say another Vietnam???
Iran recently made the commented not so good to Israel. Iran pointedly announced that its Shahab-3 ballistic missile was now operational. The missile can reach Israel, and Iran has 25 to 100 of them. Defense Minister Ali Shamkhrani crowed that Iran was now "ready to confront all regional [read: Israeli] and extra-regional [read: American] threats.
If US strikes Iran, its easy to imagine that Iran would, and will mostlikely shoot off few of these in to islael. As iran and Islael aren't the bestest friend. And i would think anti-american feel would quickly spread among Islaeli people.
With Oil tanker not able to pass through above mentioned strait, then that would piss off $$$ hungry SaudiArabian oil ticoon, and would no longer support US to protect its interest. meaning We basically lose all the control over middle eastern region, and say hello to $200~$300 for the barrel of oil(who knowz what it will be at the pump...)

What you guys think?

Funny you forgot to mention that Iran has little chance to close the straits of Hormuz. Their navy is WEAK. They can try all they want, but if we park a couple carriers w/ full battle groups there, then bye-bye. We have the STRONGEST Navy in the world by FAR. How do I know this? I am in the Navy and have been for 10 years. Not trying to sound cocky and arrogant, but it's a simple fact. There is a reason there hasn't been a decent Naval sea battle since WWII.

Dan_Soprano said:
Funny you forgot to mention that Iran has little chance to close the . Their navy is WEAK. They can try all they want, but if we park a couple carriers w/ full battle groups there, then bye-bye. We have the STRONGEST Navy in the world by FAR. How do I know this? I am in the Navy and have been for 10 years. Not trying to sound cocky and arrogant, but it's a simple fact. There is a reason there hasn't been a decent Naval sea battle since WWII.

Navl sea battle no more. Yes. But if they want to, any ground based anti-ship missiles, or more economical teenager towel head with rubber boats full of C-4 will still be pretty effective.
Director Vice Admiral Lowell E. Jacoby stated over a year ago that
"Iran can briefly close the Strait of Hormuz, relying on a layered strategy using predominantly naval, air and some ground forces. Last year it purchased North Korean torpedo and missle-armed fast attack craft and midget submarines, making margin improvements to this capability."
http://intelligence.senate.gov/0502hrg/050216/jacoby.pdf
Teheran could easily block the Straits of Hormuz and use its missiles to strike tankers and GCC oil facilities, according to the new edition of Geostrategy-Direct.com . Within weeks, the rest of the world would be starving for oil and the global economy could be in danger
http://www.infowars.com/articles/world/iran_attack_by_west_risks_oil.htm

I have no doubt the capability of our navy is top natch. But considering amount of traffic pass throu the strait, and given the fact some part of Hormuz is very narrow, I would think it would be somewhat of easy target for even for less then par Iranian force. And don'tforget the GCC oil facilities near by. Those are stationaly target.

Iran do not have to close it off for long. Just disrupt the traffic is all they need to disrupt world crude oil traffic, which we so heavily depends on...