Engine What engine oil are you running in your foxbody?

Mindseye007

Oct 21, 2020
ontario
I am currently running Castrol EDGE 10W30 Synthetic Engine/Motor Oil
Castrol® EDGE®, the #1 Synthetic brand in Canada, is a full synthetic motor oil that is engineered for drivers who want only the best from their engines. Castrol EDGE with Fluid Titanium, is the natural choice for drivers who demand maximum performance and protection from their cars. Unlock exhilarating performance with every drive.

I think I'm going to switch to..
10w30 Mobil 1™ Extended Performance is a full synthetic engine oil designed to keep your engine running like new and protect critical engine parts for up to 25,000 km between oil changes. Mobil 1 Extended Performance features a special formulation that helps to provide outstanding protection during today's longer oil change intervals,

Or 10w30 Castrol GTX High Mileage is formulated with Phosphorous Replacement Technology that provides unsurpassed protection against sludge, wear and oil burn-off* for vehicles with greater than 120,000 kilometers.

I have over 240k km on my 1991 lx 5.0 foxbody coupe and she still runs just like the day I drove it brand new off the Ford dealership back in 1991 or maybe I should use 5w30? It never sees winter. what do you guys think and use?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231209_212452_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231209_212452_Samsung Internet.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20231209_212036_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231209_212036_Samsung Internet.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20231209_213500_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231209_213500_Samsung Internet.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Yeah no. Have run the same oil for years as my engine builder has told me to do and zero issues. Bearing clearances in most push rod motors are not like a Coyote.

Reactions: 1 user
If it works why change? Seems to me whatever oil you're using is working sooooo :shrug:
Yeah no. Have run the same oil for years as my engine builder has told me to do and zero issues. Bearing clearances in most push rod motors are not like a Coyote.
oil and metal material have changed over the years
Again, if it works, why change?

I recently read an article about using the high zinc Hot Rod oil in even the newer cars... It has better lubricating qualities....
Going to use Amsoil hot rod 10-30 in my car after a few miles of break in.... Thnking of using this in my Lawnmower, Generators, and other small engines as the same extra lubrication helps them also......
Also watched a few oil comparison threads and it seemed liked Mobil 1 did not rate very high.....
Used Castrol most of my life and happy with it....

I have been running it for years and they have rebranded since I started so I am used to the Brad Penn

Watch running this oil if you are running cats as the phosphorous will go through a PCV system and when passed through the exhaust it will shorten the life of the cats.

• Agree
I got 312,000 miles using whatever full synthetic is on sale at wally world. Thicker viscosity in summer( hot as he'll here).10/40
Thinner n winter 10/30.
Like said earlier use what has worked this far.

I got 312,000 miles using whatever full synthetic is on sale at wally world. Thicker viscosity in summer( hot as he'll here).10/40
Thinner n winter 10/30.
Like said earlier use what has worked this far.
I've used the same brand truck oil for as long as I've owned the 'Dump Truck' but only cause it's less money or at least it used to be.
Oh, BTW, it takes 14 quarts :D.
Just use a good oil and change it regularly.

I've run Mobil 1 synthetic since the early 2000's in most of my vehicles.

When i tore down my engine in my fox a few years back, i was happy with what I saw. I continue to run that oil.

Reactions: 3 users