750 Edelbrock carb tuning issue

phast69 and sixtyfive, what you guys are describing is a lack of fuel from fuel drop out. An edelbrock isn't really a mechanical secondary (no secondary squirter)or a vacuum sec. It has a plate that covers the rear in an attempt to cover the bog. It is a problem that will pretty much always exist with an Edelbrock.

• Sponsors (?)

Interesting, its odd that my engine builder would suggest this carb over my 650 holley double pumper that I had from my 289. Im in the final stages of tuning my engine and I would be super happy if I got rid of that damn dead spot!

The problem with the edelbrock lies completely in the secondary "cover" then?

Metering rods and springs would not help this at all I am guessing

Not really "the cover"itself. the cover is there to cover it up. The problem exists because when butterflies slam open, it needs gas NOW. Or need to slowly oped (vacuum secondaries). Edelbrock is not really either.Jets and metering rods will not fix. Maybe overdoing the primary pump shot, but then milage and plug life will severly suffer. If you have anymore Q's, I would be happy to answer in one of your own threads though.

Not really "the cover"itself. the cover is there to cover it up. The problem exists because when butterflies slam open, it needs gas NOW. Or need to slowly oped (vacuum secondaries). Edelbrock is not really either.Jets and metering rods will not fix. Maybe overdoing the primary pump shot, but then milage and plug life will severly suffer. If you have anymore Q's, I would be happy to answer in one of your own threads though.
Hey, when we bring the convertible down, you can check out his Edelbog too. I have messed with that thing off and on for a while, its better but never gone:notnice:

New thread - http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?p=7144774

My problem seemed very similar, and only brought this one back originally to see if he had solved his problem... I was using my search button wisely :D