78 Mustang 2 For Sale Good Body Hardly Any Rust

Status
Not open for further replies.

65fastbackresto

Apr 13, 2007
AR
I bought this car as a parts car for my 65 mustang, i`m taking the rack and pinion steering, power steering pump, power brakes, and some other parts off the car. It has the V-6 option, factory air car, auto trans, 3.40 rear axle, the motor seems good although i can`t get it to run (but I am not spending money on that part anyway), it has a clean OK title, it is located in Mulberry, AR, and the body is pretty straight, other than the front fenders are a little bowed in from leaning over them working on the car (pretty sure they`ll pop out). the interior is kinda ragged, the front buckets are still in it but the back seat is gone, the keys are missing, and it`s sitting on 4 flats. Here is one thing I`ll tell you, you will have a hard time finding a straighter body with less rust than this one at $500 I`m selling it for. If you want pics, just ask and i`ll update the post. i will need time to get the parts i need off the car first just fyi.

This is too good a car to go to the crusher, somebody could do well with this one.

• Sponsors (?)

Here we go, first for $500 I aint washing it, I wont charge extra for the rat poop in the floor, and just for the record, I have $390 in this car, the $250 purchase price, $100 tow bill, and $40 to a guy to get it firing. We pulled the dizzy out to check the timing, and I can`t get it back in the hole, it`s like the oil pump shaft maybe pulled up out of its hole and is leaning to one side. I pulled what I thought was the timing CHAIN cover off of it...and yea 2 big fat gears both in good shape. When cranking it over with a battery it sounds good like all cylinders have compression and no funky sounds coming from anywhere.

I just can`t make myself molest this car its too good to tear up.

Attachments

• Mustang2 pics 010.jpg
    Mustang2 pics 010.jpg
    526.3 KB · Views: 434
  • Mustang2 pics 001.jpg
    Mustang2 pics 001.jpg
    851.6 KB · Views: 424
  • Mustang2 pics 002.jpg
    Mustang2 pics 002.jpg
    852.6 KB · Views: 427
  • Mustang2 pics 003.jpg
    Mustang2 pics 003.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 393
  • Mustang2 pics 004.jpg
    Mustang2 pics 004.jpg
    685.6 KB · Views: 424
  • Mustang2 pics 005.jpg
    Mustang2 pics 005.jpg
    931.1 KB · Views: 487
  • Mustang2 pics 006.jpg
    Mustang2 pics 006.jpg
    873.7 KB · Views: 451
  • Mustang2 pics 007.jpg
    Mustang2 pics 007.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 423
  • Mustang2 pics 008.jpg
    Mustang2 pics 008.jpg
    581.2 KB · Views: 379
  • Mustang2 pics 009.jpg
    Mustang2 pics 009.jpg
    828.5 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
Finally got the oil pump drive out of it....took a $4 pencil magnet to get into the hole, i wanna hear this thing fire up today, i`ll let you know how it goes. It`s supposed to turn off cold and rainy for a week so todays the day!! Pray for me i`ll need it.

Please let me know. Id definitely be intereated. im near Tulsa. I will come get it asap. I have a 76 cobra II I need the parts for. It was my fathers car and as you well know its almost impossible to find parts. I really need a hatch, door and lots of other misc stuff. This sounds like my perfect parts car. email me [email protected] and I can give you my phone number if he doesnt want it. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.