8.8 rear end

I have just rebuilt and 8.8 rear with all the goodies and I am ready to put it in. Does any one know where I can get a custom set of leaf spring perches made. The axle diameter is 2 3/4 and the perch width is 3 3/8. I know I could cut off my old ones on my 8 inch but I wanted some new ones. Thanks for the help..again.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the information and I had been using that article for my process so far. I called them to see if they still made their kit and of course they don't. I found the new perches and I think I will have to get new u bolts for the 8.8 axle as well. I was thinking about welding up the holes on the spring mounts and making new holes. Does that sound like to much extra work.

Thanks for the help,
Jansen

Personally I would just elongate the holes in the leaf spring plate and skip the welding step. I think that once you snug the nuts down on the U bolts they will not move in the elongated holes.

You will probably twist the MII body apart before you break one of the leaf spring plates or shift the U bolts in the elongated holes.