82 GT nose on 91 GT

just4bob50

Apr 2, 2005
Pa.
I was on the net yesterday and saw a pic of a mustang that had the 82 GT nose and the body kit of a late 87-93 GT on it. I was wondering if any one else has seen this before. I thought it looked really good because the 82GT has a deep air dam on it and it kind of blended with the rest of the body. I was trying to find the pic of it to post but cant find it again. Any pics or thoughts on that.

• Sponsors (?)

If you do it it will look like azz with the cobra rear. The trim is different the 85-93,s have a rounded style trim and the 79-84,s are flat with a bevel. You would need to change all the trim on the fenders, doors, rear quarters, and use a 79-84 rear cover for it to look correct. If you look close at the following pic between the bumper cover and the fender you will see what I am talking about.
This is from the parts car I used for my front end..
mustdriver.jpg

Then what it should look like on mine now
3.jpg

4.jpg

Also be prepared to spend some cash on that front end and hood they are getting hard to come by. You will also need the correct header panel which was specific to the 79-82's as well as a different bumper, running lights, as well as some wire splicing for the headlights. I'm not trying to sway you but you should know what you are gettin into.

Attachments

• mustdriver.jpg
    mustdriver.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 207
Also the Gt sides have the rounded trim moulded in. Best bet would be to go with a ground effect that does not go up as far I used some nice original saleen pieces, again kinda pricey