83 GLX vert 5.0 Certification label PLEASE HELP!!!

Canary Stang

Nov 10, 2006
Hello all :)

I'm new here and I'm the proud owner of a 1983 mustang GLX convertible 5.0 with T-5 gearbox (I think so, she has 5 gears!).

Let me introduce myself:
I live in Spain and I bought a '83 GLX convertible in England in July. The car was sold in Sacramento (CA) when new, then imported in England in 1985.
Now I'm in the process to homologate the car in Spain, hard job...

And I have a big problem: my car was yellow when new but it's now white. I don't know if the driver's door has been changed, but the certificate label is missing, and I need some information from a car like mine, mainly the gross weights: GVWR, front GAWR and rear GAWR... I can't homologate the car without this info...

I searched the web but couldn't find any information about that.
I only find info for other models, like these ones: http://www.mustanggt.org/canadiangt/canadiangt.htm

I would be really grateful if you could give me this information, or better, a picture of your certification label... You can block out your VIN number if you wish, but I hope yours starts as mine: 1FABP27F1DF.... (the "1" before the D could not be the same as it is a control digit).

I would be happy to communicate and exchange informations with other owners of this fantastic car. I have the shop books for this car, if I can help you, I'll be happy to do it.
My plan after the homologation is to contact the Ford Motor Division to ask some info about my car, and why not, to find the previous owners.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Here goes a little pic

20060721imagen0603gl5.jpg

I have posted this thread in other forums to meet more people, so you could see it repeated out there :)

Attachments

• 20060721imagen0603gl5.jpg
    20060721imagen0603gl5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 56
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice looking ride! While I can't help you with the information you're looking for, the great people over at www.foureyedpride.com can. That site is the best site on the internet in regards to the '79-'86 Mustangs (foureyes). There's also a lot of other "foureye" owners over there with cars like Thunderbirds, LTD's, Capris and SVO's. Go sign up. You won't be disappointed.

Good luck!

Thanks all for your welcome and remarks!!

Yes it's beautiful, we want to enjoy it now, perhaps we will restore it later, in ten years or so, I still have a lot of work to do to my other cars.

We want to use it on weekends only, gas is really expensive :( here and we don't want to get it destroyed by vandals.

Thanks Hissing Cobra, I'm already at foureyedpride forum :)

There is this group too, specially for this model, but it seems to be dead...