Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I think a legitimate matte will look cheap. This car isn't half assed, wouldn't want it to come off that way. The "sheen" of the factory parts is what gets my vote

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, maybe eggshell. The only thing that was shiny in my '11 was the clear coated aluminum. The plastics had an eggshell gloss at best. Maybe you guys like the lazy detailer spraying armour all over dirt look, but coming from a dealer where I saw it happen on every used car, I hate it. Screams lazy to me, lol.

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn't go too shiny. The oem black interior in my car doesn't have much shine to it. Back when I first installed it, I had a few painted parts that had some shine too it and they just stood out and said "I'm painted".

But, I wouldn't cAll it matte either

Best pic I could find of actual sheen
43f347adf01a225e893c3a2a7446f836.jpg

Edit: wait. What color are you doing the interior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wouldn't go too shiny. The oem black interior in my car doesn't have much shine to it. Back when I first installed it, I had a few painted parts that had some shine too it and they just stood out and said "I'm painted".

But, I wouldn't cAll it matte either

Best pic I could find of actual sheen
43f347adf01a225e893c3a2a7446f836.jpg

Edit: wait. What color are you doing the interior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black, you're post is perfect. Eggshell it is.

maybe i missed it, but what kind of paint is this actually? i know you said its not a "dye" like lrs/cj's/am would sell you, but is it something actually made for interiors/plastic?

maybe i missed it, but what kind of paint is this actually? i know you said its not a "dye" like lrs/cj's/am would sell you, but is it something actually made for interiors/plastic?
I've used a plastic adhesion promoter and sprayed primer that has flex additive in it. My clear coat will also have flex additive in it. It's the paint system I use at work.

But we using it on bumper covers, wether they be raw plastic or primered with really good effectiveness.

Ok, so I may have a AR (anal retentive) problem.

I didn't like the way the GLX looked. Some of the lines where just not straight enough.

So what am I doing right now? Repainting it. I know.....I know.....

I used 1/16", 1/8", and 1/4" fine line tape and made it nice.

I'm letting the letters dry right now so I can clean up the tape residue. I'll clear coat it again shortly.

It will be a little brighter this time than the first time. I sprayed more color to obtain coverage. I think I like it this way.

Anyhow, picture of the GLX that makes me happy.
image.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.