Roush '85 Bigwing Saleens

SaleenRanchIndy

Aug 16, 2004
I'm looking for those interested in a bigwing for their '85 Saleen. The cars with the bigwing were the first 50 or so cars made in '85. Later in '85, the mold was redesigned with shorter pedalstals and used through '86. Are there any "Bigwings" out there? I'm considering helping those who may need a new wing, but really want to limit the help to those cars that were originally sold with the Bigwing.

• Sponsors (?)

While I would not mind having one, it would be a shame to add a "big wing" to "Project #69", as it is too far gone to be an all original show queen.

DSC00019.JPG

2000xp8 said:
Some pictures showing differences?
(not because i want one, just because now that your brought it up, i need to see)

The non-big wing cars were straight across the top, about 1 1/2" shorter than the first wings used.

A "Small Wing" is what is on my '85 Saleen pictured in this thread. The wing is flat across the top until it reaches the car hatchback.

Linked below is a "Big Wing", 1984 Saleen #0052, the third Saleen built, image from the Saleen Club of America National Show this past August. It is a larger wing, and does not go straight across all the way to the car, it "turns down" to meet the car hatchback.

http://www.saleenclubofamerica.com/Images/NationalShow2005/show/05scoanationals (12).JPG