86 earlier 1/4 window on 87+

• Sponsors (?)

good luck, I put the '87 glass in my '86. You can do anything you want, it's just how much effort you want to apply. I'll go out and try to take some pics of mine and show the differences, it may be too dark. Then you can pull off your interior trim panel and take a look.

found my pics of doing the swap. Not all of the inside holes are pictured below, but you'll get the idea.

clip_holes.JPG

sail_holes.JPG

100_6860.JPG

Hope this helps. The older glass is installed from the inside and is pushed out with clips, the '87-93 glass is instaled from the ouside and screw in with studs on the glass, not sure what else, I had to add clips to some of the sruds that wouldn't go through some of the holes in the car. I still have the old quarter glass and moldings along with some newly painted sail panels if you want to do the swap. Good luck.

No dice. You either get 87+ glass or 86-glass and louvers. No 87+ glass and louvers unless you buy the junky tape on louvers. The reason you can't put the louvers on 87+ glass is that the glass runs the whole way back, not just the part you can see through, so unless you can drill glass you're stuck with one or the other.

No dice. You either get 87+ glass or 86-glass and louvers. No 87+ glass and louvers unless you buy the junky tape on louvers. The reason you can't put the louvers on 87+ glass is that the glass runs the whole way back, not just the part you can see through, so unless you can drill glass you're stuck with one or the other.

What he said, I was trying to figure out how to word it and Bingo! If you go the glass drilling tape 'em on route, they are gonna stick way out, too. I still have the glass, moldings, and sail panels off of mine if you want to try it.