'87 GT build

take the yoke (only) and plug that big hole in the back with it. I taped an old extra one I had on the back when I did my 4cyl swap several years ago and no messy messy and tranny was still full. jeez that was like 2003-04ish ..... seems like yesterday. Anyways I think it is way easier to take it out and put it back in all together. No holding a tranny up on my chest. My friend Bart (latamud) showed me the way to get it in without a jack or stand. Can be painful but works great and is fast.

• Sponsors (?)

made some very minor progress in the last couple of days. i got the trans, clutch and flywheel seperated from the motor. also got the 302 onto an engine stand. it's amazing what you can learn just by taking something apart.

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg

IMG_3649.jpg

just wanted to add a small update on my progress....

got the front suspension completely removed over the weekend. the only thing left in there is the k-member power steering rack. i also took off the front bumper cover.

everytime i open the hood and see all of the wires, vacuum lines, etc still sitting in the engine bay i ask myself, "what have you got yourself into"!!??

so i guess it's time to start gathering front suspension pieces :nice: and begin the powdercoat/painting process.