Resolved 89 convertible electrical issues

Threads that have been [Resolved] by the OP or Moderator

Ncarter

Jul 9, 2020
Michigan
Power windows, locks and mirrors just stopped working. No power to the driver side door. Checked all fuses and they were fine. Tried following a wiring diagram that showed a pink wire as the power source, no luck. Also looked for loose connections. I am wondering where all three items are tied together. Anyone have some ideas ?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Check the fusible links at the starter relay. The silver box is a breaker for the power windows if I'm remembering correctly.

Reactions: 1 user
Power windows and door locks feed from the 20A circuit breaker on the starter relay. The silver box. The lumbar for the seats also comes off this, so if your lumbar motors aren't working as well, it's a pretty good sign there's an issue at the circuit breaker, or you have a huge draw on it that is keeping it tripped out.

The power mirrors are fed from fuse 8. 15A fuse that is part of the courtesy lights. Pull the mirror switch and test the light green/yellow stripe wire to ground. Should have 12V

90sickfox and Mustang5L5, you were both spot on! I pulled the circuit breaker and it was warm so I knew something wasn’t right. I replaced it and everything works.

Thank you both! I really appreciate your help.

Reactions: 1 users