89 gt40 heads/intake fit 95???HELP!!!!!need advice

dannydoo

Sep 10, 2004
IM ABOUT TO BUY THIS AND I WANNA BE SURE ITS GONNA FIT...can anyone tell me if its gonna work?i was told by seller i need a 20$spacer for the t/b..
they are iron heads and aluminum upr/lower intake...and the price is 700
plus theyre complete bolt on ready..w/a 303b cam..
any info is greatly appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

The heads are a direct swap but what kind of intake is it? If it is anything other than a 94/95 Cobra then you will need either an elbow adapter or do the Fox throttle body conversion. Edelbrock, MAC, TrickFlow, and FRPP make the elbows.

If memory searves me right, gt40 heads did not start until 93 (why SVT used them) so how can they be off a stock 89?? I guess they are swapped onto it?I would check the castings and have them looked at to see what kind of shape they are in.

IF they need any kind of valve/spring work or milling I would contact Thumper as his port price includes this along with the port work and I wish I had before I dropped $550 on a mill/valve job/springs when his work would have been only 100 more or so for all of that and port work.....

thanks for the info

i was looking into this and i got cofused between the gt40 p and gt40??
im thinking the p means aluminum?
does anyone know what the cast number should say?they could be heads from a stock gt for all i know??just wanna be safe.
my intake is beat up looking someone tried to grind it a nd polish it or something so its not pretty....thus the swap

how big of a difference are those gonna make anyway?im thinking it would be dumb not to put new springs and stuff on it..how do i find thumper?

GT40 and GT40P heads are both iron. GT40 came on the cobras, and GT40p comes on explorers. When you get "p" heads you need to buy "p" specific headers. If the heads he was trying to sell you were stock heads they would say E7TE. How bad is your intake? you cant make it look good at all?

rudeone707 said:
GT40 and GT40P heads are both iron. GT40 came on the cobras, and GT40p comes on explorers. When you get "p" heads you need to buy "p" specific headers. If the heads he was trying to sell you were stock heads they would say E7TE. How bad is your intake? you cant make it look good at all?

The lightning and pre 96 explorers had also had gt-40 heads. And I think the cc the L heads were 64 instead of 58-60cc(?) like on the 93-95 cobras and explorers.

thanks my fellow stangsters!!

my intake is poopaloop..ill give it away for 50 bucks if someone dont care about looks...someone took a grinder to or a course wiz wheel and grinded the piss out of it...looks like they were trying to make the metal as thin as possible..dont know if thats some type of mod or what?believe me its freakin ugly!but it works exellent.for all i know the insides modded to the max..

anyway thanks for the info again.
im still amazed w/computers and internet
information superhighway galore!!