Roush 89 Saleen Convertible #243

Wow!!! I have owned my Saleen since 2000 and I have only put about 1000 miles on the car. Sometimes I think about selling her but then their is a part of me that remembers the search for a Saleen. Lately I have been spending funds on my 65 fastback resto - mod... After I finish the fastback, I think I am going to restore my Saleen to showroom condition.. First thing I need to do is the shocks... My car still handles like a dream.... Give me some advice on bringing her back to her glory days... Take a look:

http://whittz.com/v-web/gallery/saleen?page=1

• Sponsors (?)

I think she looks great. man I'll tell you those restomods suck scary money, most of the time more than a boat.

Why don't you just make a list of the major systems and go through them one at a time. Like first go through the entire suspension. New bushings, shocks and struts. Mark at PAS has a hoard of foxbody suspension goodies.
Maybe ad a pandhard and subframes if you don't have them. It's agreat idea for a fox vert and definitley a good investment.

Then when you are done there, just concentrat on the engine compartment. I wish my 89-0028 was not in need of a lot of love. I would be on a system, by system resto just like I mentioned on yours. It's a really nice looking vert. I almost bought that 88 little brother of your car on Marks site a few months back.

Cheers

On my '89 Saleen Vert I ran Saleen N2s with H&R "Race" front springs and "Super Race" rear springs.

Still had a OE look to the stance, and rode and autoXed quite well.

Put it this way, if it was a poor ride I would not have kept driving the thing all the way to over 190,000 miles :)

347Fastback said:
Saleen Mike,

Thanks for the extra motivation.... Do you think I will hurt the car's value if I swap in a Saleen/Vortech intake with a "S" trim...???

???

The Saleen/Vortech intake is exactly that. An S- trim is a centrifi blower. If you have a real Saleen intake keep it in a box. Those are worth good money. If you port the lower and weld the runner, it will outflow the Holley Systemax.

An s-trim would be a nice addition.:D