9.20 @ 146.30 N/A on first full pass

VTEngine

Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
Lansing, MI
Got my car on a prepped track for some testing yesterday.

went 9.45 @ 125mph on first pass, tranny wouldn't go into 5th so I got out of it

went 9.36 @ 125mph on second pass, tranny again wouldn't go to 5th. This tied the ET record of Mike Tymensky.

here's the vid of that pass www.vtengines.com/videos/scott929.WMV

Adjusted the positive stop on my clutchless tranny for 5th gear, all was good. Last pass I ran 9.20 @ 146.30 mph. This was leaving at 7200rpm and short shifting at 8500rpm. Today qualifying got rained out (OSCA Race in Canada), so I'll see what it does tomorrow for my 1 qualifying run, then eliminations. I'll run it hard tomorrow, as I drove it soft on Friday so I didn't risk hurting anything before the race. I'll be leaving the line at 8500rpm and shifting at 9400rpm. 9.0's should be doable without changing a thing on the car. If I lean on it some, it will go 8's at 150+mph. I'll post up some updated info tomorrow night. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Scott!!!! I told Jim the other day that the car sounded like it had low 9s in it....guess I was right haha. And when you said "short shifted @ 8500" I was like :scratch: Typo? Than came the 9400 bit :jaw: .

Thats just crazy...I think Tim is going to have a fight on his hands :D