90mm LMAF or AEM 3.5 Bar MAP sensor

toyman

10 Year Member
Jul 19, 2007
Vernon BC
I'm currently doing a engine build to better support the KB 2.1 L

I was leaning towards the MAP as I live in an area where the elevation is about 1500 feet and during the summer often drive where the elevation ranges from sea level to 5600+ feet. It initially just seemed more logical to work with manifold pressures vs air flows given these elevation extremes. Now I'm not so sure.

The EMU will be an AEM-EMS 30-1401.

Richard

• Sponsors (?)

I'm currently doing a engine build to better support the KB 2.1 L

I was leaning towards the MAP as I live in an area where the elevation is about 1500 feet and during the summer often drive where the elevation ranges from sea level to 5600+ feet. It initially just seemed more logical to work with manifold pressures vs air flows given these elevation extremes. Now I'm not so sure.

The EMU will be an AEM-EMS 30-1401.

Richard

I like the MAP for your application. This is more of a judgement call to be honest. Both systems have their merits, but I think people disregard the MAP because its known as old technology. I think this is a silly way to look at it. I'd do some research and see what other people with combo's similar to your own are running and ask them directly. KillerCanary is running a 331 with a turbo, with MAP. He's always willing to help!

Adam