91 Mark 7 to 93 GT engine swap

Jason 302

10 Year Member
Aug 9, 2003
Newark, Ohio
Found a 91 5.0 HO motor out of a Lincoln Mark 7 for $350 (77,000 mi). What would it take to make the swap to my 93 GT? The motors look identical. The only difference for sure would probably be the oil pan, correct? What about the fuel rail? It's off an auto, would the crank have a spot for a pilot bearing for my T-5? Anything else? Also, what size bolts would I need for the engine stand? Would the ones off the bellhousing work? I'm going to rebuild this motor so I got a while before the swap, I just wanna know what parts I will need to change. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

EXACT same engine, except that all LSC's were speed density; even into the '90's. You can visually see if the oil pan is the dual sump variety like the mustang. I'm pretty sure it is, but if it's not, then you have to use your old oil pan and pick up a rear-sump oil pump (I'm sure they're the same though).

You have to use your existing wiring harness and MAF and intake tubing. The heads should be E7's if it's an '87+ engine. If you pull a valve cover and look at the head it should have E7 or E7TE stamped on it. Also, there is no reason why the crank shouldn't accomodate a pilot bearing for a manual tranny.